Vacancies at the European School Bergen
The European School Bergen is one of a network of schools which provide education for children whose parents work for the European Union institutions, as well as for other children in the local and international communities. We have our own curriculum with three different language sections (English, French and Dutch).
We give mother tongue tuition in 17 EU languages. Our pupils leave the school with the highly regarded leaving qualification, the European Baccalaureate.
As a result the school offers an international teaching and learning environment which is culturally and linguistically diverse and stimulating for the pupils and teachers, and we are looking for people who can fit into this team.
Seconded teachers – Vacancies for full-time teachers are usually filled by the Education Ministries of the member states, and the recruitment period takes place early in the year.
Locally recruited teachers – The school advertises positions as they become available on the school website in the period March-April for the following school year.
Substitute teachers – The school is always interested in applications from nursery and primary school teachers in all language sections to cover the short-term absence of teachers.
We are looking for the following staff:
Administrative and ancillary staff
Wij hebben op dit moment geen vacatures.
Nursery and primary cycle
We are looking for the following staff from September 2017:
1. Qualified Teacher of Danish language 1 (mother tongue) for 3,75 hours per week in the primary cycle (ref. 2016/01).
2. Enseignant(e) maternel(le) qualifié(e) pour la section française (ref. 2017/08).
We don’t have any vacancies for September 2017 at this moment.
Information regarding the teaching vacancies:
The first contract is in principle for two school years. For information on the conditions of service and salary click here.
For information about the syllabuses and further information about the European School system, visit www.eursc.eu.
· Your letter of application, a curriculum vitae/resume and full details of two professional referees (including email addresses) must only be submitted electronically to BERemail@example.com and addressed to the Director, Dr Steve Lewis.
· The reference number and your name should be the subject of the email.
· If you wish to apply for more than one job, please send a separate application with the reference number
Replacement Teachers in the Primary Cycle
In addition we are always looking for qualified teachers to replace absent colleagues on a short-term basis in all three sections of the primary school (French, Dutch and English sections). There is no deadline.
If you are interested please make contact with the school using the email address below with “Replacement Teacher” as the subject of the email.
For information about the syllabuses and further information about the European School system, visit www.eursc.eu